KIA HIWA RĀ! He pānui mo ngā tangata kahukura o Waikato me ngā whānau.
Tēnā koe from Rainbow Hub Waikato!
This pānui is a call out to all our takataapui whānau and rainbow community and allies. Rainbow Hub Waikato (previously Waikato Queer Youth) is a non-profit organisation that creates spaces and works alongside communities to embrace, celebrate, and support diversity and identity, where all people thrive and feel empowered to be themselves.
We are looking for reliable, committed people to support our board, particularly if you have previous skills to assist in the responsibilities of governing our Trust. This role would be voluntary. You would become part of a small team of dedicated volunteers who donate their time to making our community engagement thrive.
Ideally, you would be locally based in the Waikato with the ability to meet in person at our Hamilton space, as well as digitally via video chat. You would be available for 3-4 hours on the second Wednesday of the month for our monthly Board meetings, as well as required preparations for said meetings.
We encourage candidates with previous board experience to apply, but are open to candidates who are wanting to gain this experience, as board induction and training will be provided for the successful candidate. Emotional guidance and support is also provided by a neat board of Trustees from all walks of life. We strive to create a safe and supportive space for all Board members.
Responsibilities of Board members include:
- Setting and determining the mission and objectives of RHW.
- Overseeing and ensuring the mission and objectives of RHW are met.
- Overseeing that the policies, guidelines & constitution of RHW are appropriately implemented and followed by the organisation and regularly reviewed.
- Approving policy, guidelines and other recommendations received from the board and delegated staff as relevant.
- Attending and actively participating in monthly board meetings.
- Receiving and reviewing reports on operational and other matters from the chairperson of RHW.
- Regularly monitoring and understanding the financial position of the organisation.
- Approving the annual financial budget for RHW.
- Participating in the strategic planning of RHW.
- Assisting in developing and maintaining positive relations among all members of the organisation.
- Participating in assessing and evaluating the board’s performance.
- Attending RHW events as relevant.
If you relate to this kaupapa, want to tautoko this mahi and to koha your insights and knowledge, or have any pātai around this kaupapa, please email: [email protected]
Ngā mihi nui, Rainbow Hub Waikato